U.S. Dairy Products > Whey Protein & Ingredients > Whey Categories
Whey protein concentrate (WPC) is obtained by removing sufficient non-protein constituents from pasteurized whey so that the finished dry product contains more than 80% protein. WPC 80 is produced by physical separation techniques such as precipitation, filtration or dialysis. Acidity may be adjusted by the addition of safe and suitable pH ingredients.
|Protein (as is)||80.0% - 82.0%|
|Lactose||4.0% - 8.0%|
|Fat||4.0% - 8.0%|
|Ash||3.0% - 4.0%|
|Moisture||3.5% - 4.5%|
Physical and Chemical Characteristics
|Typical Microbiological Analysis:|
|Standard plate count||< 30,000/g|
|Scorched particle content||7.5 - 15.0 mg|
|pH||6.0 - 6.7|
|Color||White to light cream|
Typical recommendations are to store and ship in a cool, dry environment with temperatures of less than 27°C and relative humidity less than 65%. Use within 9 to 12 months. Check with your suppliers for actual storage and specification requirements as they may vary.
For dairy, bakery, meat, snack, confectionery, and other food and nutritional products as:
- A concentrated source of highly nutritional, high-quality protein for supplementation
- A source of protein that is soluble or forms a stable colloidal dispersion at ambient temperature and under all pH conditions
- A source of protein with good emulsifying, fat binding and water binding/thickening properties
- A source of protein with good heat-setting (gelling) properties
* Information on this page is for general information only. Please contact your U.S. whey products supplier for exact specifications, nutritional and functional information.